Sunday, January 17, 2010

a bad day or that a bad week......

Today is a rough day, not totally sure just not happy everything seems to be frustrating me and I just feel like crying.......so I am going to come back to this thought in a bit....




okay I wondered if a nap would help, the answer NO, I am still not even sure why I am so mad. I think all of last week has just caught up to me, I am so to the point where I am not sure if having FCSD (government funding) involed in ourlives is the right thing. I feel that they are not trully letting me do what my kids need. I feel controlled by it all, it makes me so sad, that I have to word everything so right just so I can get the funding for another year, I know perspective is a huge thing, yes there are kids out there worse then mine and mine are that bad but some days to ME they are a TON of work. I do love them do get me wrong, I am just getting to that point of how much engery can I put into fighting anymore if that makes any sense. I love homeschooling Dallin, I know I am not perfect everyday and some days we do nothing but you know i know that it is the same as if he was in school, and I know without a doubt that he would not be as happy as he is. We are working on getting out to socialize more but that is a every day thing, and I know once we have a second car things will be a little easier (that is something we are working on). I just feel like i have been back into a corner this week and I am not sure how to get out of it all this week and what I trully want.....I guess it goes back to waiting to see what they are going to say, as we go to MDT at the end of Feb. I know for Joshua unless I can get Dr.Lever to even give him the ADHD he will get nothing after Feb, and if he does get that then he will be only getting another 3 months and there I have no idea. and for Dallin they have not said what they will even offer right now, because the lady thinks I am so crcazy for homeschooling him so that is a fight all on its own and maybe I just need to let this all go but still not sure about this....I wish I had someone that trully understood where I was and had ideas of how to deal with this special system.....

4 comments:

{Sarah} said...

What are you going to the MDT for? We just went through that with Brighton for the first time in October. We are still waiting on the speech path, even though we have been approved through them. Is Joshua got any sort of diagnosis? If not, how do you get funding without one? Austin is in DESPERATE need of some help, but I thought I needed that Austism diagnosis to get it... the problem is that I am not sure he is Autistic... there are some things that are just so out of the spectrum with him that it really makes me think he isn't. He is just a kid with a major speech delay and a few other "quirks". Good luck with the MDT... I am not looking forward to that again in October, so I know how you feel. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

TheMousirFamily said...

hi Sarah,
MDT should be by the end of Feb as our contract end on the 28th of Feb. But we just got a new worker and she is being special so I am not even sure that we are going to the MDT at this point in time...
Joshua does not have any diagnosis, he got everything because of speech and behaviour but because both are getting better, we are about to lose it all because of that. And with Dallin they are thinking he should be in the school system vs being homeschooled so that they dont have to pay that money out....We have done this fight so many times, they best way to get services is to go through the testing with Austin because even if he doesnt get a label they will decided if he needs more help if that makes sense.
I think sometimes and this is being honest it is just as easy to teach yourself because the aids come and go so much that it is so hard on the kids.

Today is a bit better but it is a up and down.....today we did all our school work without a fight!

{Sarah} said...

Ahh... the joys of FSCD. So far our first experience hasn't been bad, but I won't even begin to tell myself that it will stay like this. If the small town we lived in didn't have such an exceptional school system (with many teachers who have gone to training to help children with special needs - especially autism) I would probably be homeschooling Bright. The lady who runs the PUF program out here is just wonderful, and I am greatful so much for her. I have been doing a lot of research about speech with Austin, since we have been waiting for so long to get into see and SLP, that is is just ridiculous! The BMT was easier to get into, but still... it was a bit insane. I saw the break down from FSCD today on how much Brighton is aloted for money a year, and I couldn't help but choke... over $55, 000!!! YIKES! Then I saw how much various services are, and I seriously just about died... if they even charged 75% of what they do, they could help out so many more kids. Seriously $109/ hr for behavioral, $156/ hr for psych! ARRGGHHH!! Oh how it frusterates me!

That is good that today was better! One day at a time right? (easier said than done sometimes)...

Sorry this comment turned out to be a bit of a rant.

Anonymous said...

We are dealing with being cut off right now too, my children are all adopted and have various special needs, we have received funding for the last 6yrs for school...this year they say they don't pay it. New worker, funding cuts...we are the ones to pay for it. Keep fighting...keep appealing, it all comes down to the workers interpretation of the system, if it has to go to court for a judge to decide, let it. They seem to be cutting too much now. What they are trying to do is scare off families so they don't want to fight it. If they can do that to even 50% of us they are saving tons of $$...just our household alone is $900/m
Be Strong!