Monday, September 22, 2008

a exiciting trip

Somedays it is fun to feel needed but I hate to say I don't love to feel needed at a hospital beside my wonderful husband after he has been hurt at work!

At first he just told me he was hit in the head and he was okay, then he said he wasn't sure and then I got the call PLEASE come get me!

They took us in right away which was nice! and the dr was not far behind David was having a hard time foucing or even staying on the bed so the put up the rails, so the dr was playing with his neck and he said this one spot hurt well next thing we knew they said don't move at all and then he looked like............

Okay the picture wasn't really taken till he came back because I was like I need one picture of this!

But as I sat and waited for what felt like a eternity for him to come back from Xrays all I could really say was please, please let him be okay.

As the tear formed I felt more worried then normal, but knew whatever happened Heavenly Father know I could handle, not totally sure what that was but soon to be known.

After much more waiting the dr can in and told us the xrays were okay and he could take it off, and the mean part of me says to David it would have been funny if you had to wear it for a couple days. He didn't think so. other then being off for a couple days with his concussion he is doing well! hopefully it keeps going that way.

So because I Realized after being asked a few times I left this pretty wide open, David was hit in the head with a bar called a breaker bar to break rocks for retaining walls at work, this bar was against the wall well they were working and they were moving rocks and were not watching the bar as David thought he had put it deep enough in the ground but with the movement of the ground it shifted this bar and then it went down the hill towards them, it both David and the other guy working, David just got it the worse! so that is the story!

David did go back to work today being Monday and he has worked almost a full day and started to feel the pain again, so it is going to be a slow world for him for awhile.

2 comments:

The Nielsen Famiy said...

wow. that must have been scary. Glad that everything is okay!!

TheMousirFamily said...

I wish I could totally say everything is okay, but he is still not back to work, so there is still alot of prayers being offered every day. He is a strong man but this has totally knocked him for a loop to say the least. They have now ordered a ct scan to see if there is any other damage that we are not sure of, to see why it is taking him so long to come back to "normal" so please remember our family in your prayers.