Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Update!

Hello All,

I thought I would write a note as I have not done well this year with keep up with people, it has been a long year, We moved to Calgary in June (David came down in may) this was a hard move for us, we truly love Edmonton, I missed family but even with time that has been filled…..After moving here we stayed with David’s parents for the summer which was nice it allowed us to have some breaks which we had not had for awhile. In Sept David had a work accident and was hit in the head with a 50lb bar, and has since been off work with migraines and other symptoms that are not sure why there are still going on as the Ct-scans and the MRIs are coming back normal so here we sit and wait still….this has been a HUGE struggle may may tears have been had over all of this….Hopefully they will figure it out soon….
I thought I would give an update on the kids:
Dallin:
He is a superstar, he really enjoyed school this year but still very much struggled with it, he was only in a class of 4 including him, but 2 of the boys were talkers and he found this very, very hard to deal with….Dallin’s language has come up a bit, still has a long ways to come for those of you that understand numbers and reports I will add that in too, but over all Dallin is not the same little boy from 3 years ago….our Early ed funding is done and now we move on to grade 1 that is so hard to imagine that he is that old…Dallin is going to be home schooled next year as the Calgary board of Education placed him in a class of 30 kids with 5 special needs and 1 aid, I thanked the lady and told her I would not do that to my son. Thank was a hard choice and I know there are many people that think I am going to hurt him by home schooling him as he will miss out on the social skills, to them I say you are wrong, he will still get those social skills, as he will still be having a aid 20hrs a week to work on those skills and he will be placed in programs that help him with those skills, my main goal in life is for my kids to love life and to love learning and when you are not happy you are not doing either! So Dallin will go through Argyll Centre, and have an IPP again to help him hit his goals at the right times!
The Brigance test was the one done:
Motor Domain: 9%
Language Domain: 0.5%
Academic/Cognitive Domain: 3%
Self-help Domain: <0.2%
Socio-Emotional Domain: N/A (7months)
Adaptive Behavior: 1%

Joshua:
He is my full of energy and full of life…..can’t sit still type child, I love him but some days I wish he was just a bit more calm, we have been working on it and it slowly coming but it is a hard thing to teach a child who truly loves those high moments to be calm. Joshua finished his second year of early ed, did wonderful but again I found he was in a class that he was more of a role model than a child that got a lot of one on one…..which is sad as he really is crying out for it, we have struggled to find that balance with him on attention he loves both positive and negative attention. But Joshua is going to go to Providence next year, this is a school that as I walked in brought a tear to my eye it reminded me of what I would call home of Elmwood School in Edmonton, the sensory rooms the gyms the things that force him to move but for a good way and to calm in a good way too, and as Debra showed us around I just felt more and more at home, I know he will do good, as we are putting him in a class that has 5-6 typical to mild kids in it too, so I think the peer modeling will be great for him and he is most likely going to have a male teacher which will be great! Joshua is sad to be moving to a new school as he made friends this year but I know he will do it again!
Joshua’s Brigance test is:
Motor Domain: 9%
Language Domain: 23%
Receptive: 27%
Expressive: 8%
Academic/Cognitive domain: 9%
Self-Help Domain: 3%
Social-Emotional: N/A (20months)
Adaptive Behavior: 9%

Miss Sara:
Oh our princess and really that is what she is! Will hopefully start school as well in Sept, She received a moderate to severe language delay on her testing….this came as no shock to me….but at the same point it did how strange is that…but we love her she is doing so well, she is my helper she wants to clean up she wants to help the boys get ready if only she would motivate herself on things but we are working on that, potty training is coming with her…….maybe by the end of summer but I am not going to stress out too much about it. I am enjoying being a mom to a little girl how loves to carry her purse and walk in high heels, David and I always say she is going to beat up some little boy very gracefully as she is very….aggressive but very girly……..

Otherwise we are doing well, I am emotionally holding it together for the most part I am ready for my break, I am ready to have no more huge stresses, but I also know that there is a God who is watching out for me and my family and now we can do the things he has placed in front of us which is so comforting too…..
I have open back up my blog as many had asked if I would so I will try it again….I love letting everyone see what is new, I am working o updating it but it will come soon especially now that it is SUMMER and I don’t have to go out every day!

Miss everyone so much and hope everyone is doing well!
Christine and the Mousir Family

2 comments:

{Sarah} said...

Lynn Crapo sent me over to your blog... I hope you don't mind.

I am friends with Lynn's oldest, Cassie, and we live about 10 minutes from each other.

I have a 4 year old Autistic boy named Brighton. Currently they have diagnosed him as ASD, leaning towards PDD-NOS. This is all new to me.

We also have a 2 year old named Austin. He has a moderate to severe language delay as well. Although to me, he doesn't seem to fit any sort of Autistic profile... maybe he is just a late talker.

I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I find a lot of comfort in the fact that I am not alone in this.

TheMousirFamily said...

Hi Sarah,
I have not updated my blog in awhile, but I had a strong feeling a while back to make it unprivate...I totally okay with you reading about out life....it has been along tough road for us...I wish as this point I could say it gets easier I just think you learn how to live with the everyday things....
feel free to come read and come comment, I will try to update it soon here......