Wednesday, June 24, 2009

School is almost done

Well as we come into the last few days of school, emotions are high....I have really struggled with New Heights this year, there has been a few promises broken and to say the least it has been a tough year, have the boys got the services I think they should have not really, but what do you do......I know we are suppose to be here.....in Calgary but let me tell you that has been the hardest thing this week, I feel like my Dallin is getting the short end of the stick but I can't fix that right now.....I know there are going to be alot of family and friends who may think or say there comments about Dallin being home schooled but let me tell you at this point in life this is the BEST choice for him, As the Calgary school board was going to put him in a classroom of 25-30 kids with a min of 5 other special needs kids and 1 aid, YES that 1 aid to help meet these kids needs you are CRAZY if you think I will do that, Dallin did meet the requirements to be in the Autism Class but they felt because he was quiet and complacent that he would be fine in a normal class, I think they are totally wrong how would a child that in tests meets about 2.5 yrs behind work fine with kids his age when most of the problems are social and speech.....you are asking for failure and unhappiness, I want my kids to love life and love learn and you are not going to get that without the right supports, so Dallin will be with me next year as we homeschooling through Argyll Centre which is through the Edmonton Public school system.....
Joshua will be at providence next year with his last year of PUF funding....he has come along ways but he still has along ways to come, at his last doctors apt he did get the ADHD label which I knew he would get, he is a total handful that I would not ask many to take care of....but I love him so much and hope that this next year will be the best for him and that we will be able to figure out what is truly going on with him, I hope this will make life a bit easier.
My Sara....the death of me.....my princess....and drama queen, is doing wonderful, she did come out with a moderate-severe language delay so we are waiting to hear if she too will get into providence it would be so nice, as she would feel like she is special too, she looks up to her brothers so much but does not truly understand why they are different and why they have friends that come everyday to play with them....that is so hard as she has truly never known any different and now she really wants that friend to play with too.....
My David......I would love to say things are getting better, but i don't think they are....I think somethings have got better and then other things have gotten worse.....bless his heart I know he is trying but this has truly been a trial that neither of us would want to do again....
me.... I am slowly getting there, this has been a really really tough time for me...the cliff has been close at times....and I may still see the edge but I know Heavenly Father does love me and which ever path I do choice he will be there for me.....

I am going to try and get some pictures up this week.....I will try to get better again!

No comments: