Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas part 1 ish

This has been a tough Christmas season for us, this year I took a HUGE step back, I let David be in charge of Christmas get together and all of that, At first it was just going to be my side of the family around really as David's family was suppose to be moving to Smither, B.C. So we thought it would be cool to go away for Christmas day at least so that we could have a small break from our craziness we call life.

We then learned that David’s family would not be gone for Christmas it became the balance of all the family stuff and our time again, I know we have not done this all right, because there is more than one set of parents saying so..But because I have sat so far back and let David deal with it, it has been even harder because I know most people are like WHAT is David’s plan, it is scary. But he needs it this year, things are still not going well with him, he is still working only his 6hrs a day but he comes home tired and not wanting to deal with anyone including us and by sat he just wants to sleep and do nothing at all. Which is making this Christmas so much fun....NOT!

Why does he want to just to do quiet stuff, because the rest hurts him and he doesn’t know how to say that right. I wish I could explain it totally, but I think for David simple is still the only way right now. Neither of us is trying to be rude about it just trying to find the balance in our lives.

And it is hard for our kids as well....Christmas is a hard time of year, there is so much extra simulation and we want them to be calm, is that not a funny concept. And with Dallin struggling with anxiety issues we are trying to be more careful then previous years too. All I want for them this year is to have fun we have kept Christmas simple on our part a couple gifts for each child, and well Santa came last night to our house….which the kids are so excited about but really I think they would be truly happy with one thing, they just like the joy that comes with presents….

Anyways, now that I rambled and probably have not made much sense…..We are not trying to hide totally from everyone this year just still a lot going on, and have still not get back to normal after my surgery that is truly months of figuring it all out all over again.

We do love our extended families, they mean a lot and do help us as we need which is so important in our lives.

No comments: