Friday, February 12, 2010

“Your plate is full, do you need some more on that?” part 2

Part 2 My kids!

So having kids is wonderful! I do love it, I would want nothing but some weeks is more work than others....

lets start with.....

Sara
She is doing.....great her speech is coming along really good and her sense of independence is right up there.....who would want much more right? I would be okay if she was a bit more passive it would stop alot of fighting around here but otherwise she is doing well, and I am looking at her options for next year, They want her going to school for her speech next year but I am thinking I will just send her to speech outside of the school and keep her home, that is the plan at least right now as they want her going to a school in Deer Run....which I would have to drive her too! (Keep in mind all the drive they being the government (FSCD) would like me to do...)

Joshua
He is doing AMAZING, he is still have Speech issues and his ADHD and coming out here and there a bit more, but I am slowly getting on board for changing his diet just is alot of work to get started. His school teachers say they are almost pushing him above the kindergarten level so they are thinking he will go to our community school, which because we live to close I would either have to walk him or drive hiom (again factor in Sara there now!) and I would want him home at lunch, so I need to go look at the school and talk to them and there options for next year......but again, I am trying really hard to just look at what MY life would be like too for our family, and what would make us the happiest.
Joshua also has a girl a school he likes, it is so cute if you ask him he gets all shy and says I dont want to talk about it. I am happy he is doing so well leaves other worries for me, but I am so happy for him!
Joshua also only has another 3 months of inhome services and then it will just be the behaviour stuff we will working with and that will be in a social setting which is what he needs!

Dallin
I hope Dallin's will come out the way I want it to really sound, some days I am not so good at this!


Dallin is growing and learning so much, he is doing really well at homeschooling, this is the happiest I have seen him in YEARS! We still have meltdowns and anxiety issues but working on both
He had some amazing teachers when he was in school I know they cared alot about him, but the night terrors and the all night stimming will never be taken away when he has been over stimulated.
And I know I have come to a road that maybe one of my hardest fights, FSCD wants him to go back into the school system (http://www.calgaryquestschool.com) sure it is a special school that deals with many different needs, now for the number 1 thing....we live a the edge of Calgary almost near Okotoks and this school is almost downtown....at min during good traffic you are looking at 30mins on a ride 1 way, yes he mostly could get bussing but that would up the times, am I willing to move closer......nope lived in that area, like some of the people over there but not a area I like too much.....
but I have to be able to take Dallin and look at this school before his MDT panel on Feb 23 to give my fair and honest feelings, that I KNOW without a doubt I am doing what is right for my son at this point in his life, really going to MDT is l like going to court, they already have there mind made up before you get there and then you need to plead to make it all right!
Alot of emotions into that. And it is not something were you can really go God told me to do this so I am just doing it, you have to plead and make it sound like you are doing the BEST thing ever for your child! And honestly without a doubt that is what I am trying to do. I was a child that got pushed through the system and I don’t want that for my child, I want him happy and learning and if those 2 things can not be met I will not do it.
So through all of this I may lose his in home funding because I will not do what they want by me putting him in the school system, but I know he will be happy and learning, and really I know alot of the things they are doing with him anyways so as much as it is nice to have another set of hands, I am okay either way if that makes sense to anyone but me!



but when your plate is full, dont we say.......why not one more things it shouldnt make that much more of a difference.
I know may people think my faith is lacking, but let me tell you, you can only be pushed so much before it is lacking. I know there is a God I know he loves me very very much, but there are days where I am burnt out and I want a end to this all, but at that same point I will keep going because I know that is what I am asked to do for my family and myself. I am hoing to go away for a weekend, to get back to one with David and myself.....I know this is a important thing to do!

No comments: