Thursday, June 19, 2008

A thank-you too Achieve!

I meant to do this awhile ago but life has truly been a little much since the move!

the theme of summer: different is okay!
Well the last few weeks have proved that, it has been rough for the kids as what we thought would be ready for us was not totally, and for them this was super hard, today (June 19th) was the first time they had set eyes on one of there wings, it has been along week and half for them with no school and no therapy just mommy and grandma alot of changes but things have been good, alot of stimming going on but that is okay to me, they are learning alot by this! Dallin has started talking alot more too and able to slow down more and tell me what he would like we still have moments but it is huge gains for at home! and Joshua his aggression as come up about 4times more than it was but we are working with it and it is slowly working out I think and those who have worked with him know this to be true when it is not mom telling him what to do he hates you and says NO with force like none other so we are working on that as the is enough people here that I can walk away and have someone else work with him so that is great, his speech is coming along wonderful too, less pressure bring alot out in these boys!
now for my moment to each of the achieve staff:
Jessica:
Amazing team leader, kind and gentle and puts her whole heart into her work, you can tell that she loves what she does and helping the kids, both the boys truly had alot of fun with her, and I know they are sad that they have not done therapy and seen her! Thank you Jessica from the mom side for all the support you provided out family over the 7 months ish we were with you, it was a great learning moment and I will miss you as a part of our world.
Angie:
The most amazing therapist, the report her and Dallin had was so awsome you saw the growth so much and the love between them, this was not just a do what I say relationship for them they truly worked together, Dallin loved his days at the office with Angie, he was sad to the point of almost crying the days he could not go, and for my sake right now I have not asked if he misses Angie or Jen because I know I can't make it work right now to see them, but I do know he misses both of them! Angie you will go far in life with all the love and patience you have to give these kiddos, I think you are so amazing and have so enjoyed working with you and having you work with Dallin best of luck in the future!
Jen:
We have not been working with you as long, but you have truly been amazing with Dallin as well I have watched how you have helped shape him in his home environment which I think is that hardest place, and there was so much growth through that, he looked forward to his afternoons with you, I am sad that you too did not get that chance to say bye but know you old a special place in his heart for all the hard work you did with him! good luck with your summer and in the future with your own life!
Tamara: ( I might have spelt this wrong)
We just worked with you for a very short time, you are great, and I know you will do well! Joshua so enjoyed playing with you....even though it may not seemed like it some days he is a child that struggles very much to do different things some days! But it has been a pleasure getting to know you! good luck in the future
Charla:
how do you say wonderful and amazing in different ways I am not sure but I truly enjoyed getting to work with you, you are so real and try to look at everything from a "real" view can you do this in your real life? thank you, I need that so much and sometimes it is not a easy thing for a family to do even if it is so the right thing right now! You made me feel like I was a great mom instead of the "dumb mom", I am glad that you were able to see out real life and what that was not many people get to see what it is like everyday, I some how keep most of the things on a smaller level for everyone but me! but thank you so much for everything you have done for our family, and good luck to you and your family in the future.
Roz:
what pleasure to work with you as well, you are so great at looking at the whole picture and seeing what needs to happen! I loved being able to talk with you and see the different points on things, you are also able to make things real in life! I am truly going to miss having you apart of our family! good luck in the future to you and your family
Arlene:
Thank you for giving our family a chance, I know we only saw you a couple times but I know you are what makes a Achieve so great! I will miss working with you and these girls
I know I have said it a ton to everyone but THANK-YOU so much for everything you have done for our family we had a great team, it we will miss you as we look for a new team you will be in the back of our minds as you all were and are the best!

1 comment:

Dan&Roz said...

Mousir Family:
Thanks for sharing your blog with me! And it was a pleasure working with the whole family. Thanks very much for your kind words, that means ALOT to me. I wish you all the best in your future! You are truly an AMAZING family! Christine, you have amazing mother with such great strengths and positive energy. So happy that you and David have family support in Calgary!!! Make sure you 2 take some time out for yourselves. Take care! :)