Monday, February 18, 2008

our sensory room is getting better and better!

Anyone that knows us know that we will do anything to help our kids, and make sure there time in life is too the fullest, we have been having a hard time since moving over here bring them down more, they are just full of energy and full of life, our basement was just going to be a play room but now it has changed again too our sensory room to try and help them come down and relax and bit more and work on the deep pressure they need really to give them there sensory diet at home and anyone who knows about these type of kids knows it is soooooooooooooooooooo important so here are some pictures of our basment so far, it is very very far from what i see it totally being but I can't afford to do it all at once, there is a ton of money involed in these rooms, so as you saw in my last post here is Sara in the swing , David actually watch us play down there this morning and he was so shocked and the grabbering she was doing he was like this is what they mean about filling the sensory diet and I was like yep! it is awsome to me when he see's it all coming together and making it worth it! Today we also went and go a swimming pool to make our ball pit right now because we want to spend alot of money on making it but we just don't have it right now so this is what we did and let me tell you even David was loving it he even had to get back in later when we went down again!














To be a kids again!






this is pretty much the basment right now, looking at getting more of the mat pads to cover the set of the floor and we are going to put a screen around the ball bit so the balls aren't going every where and some different lights down there......and maybe some dog beds to play "hot dog" or hamburger and all those other squishing games :)
here is a video just for grandma :)


2 comments:

Mandy said...

fun sensory room. I wish I had a place big enough for something fun and functional like that.

TheMousirFamily said...

I love it and the kids do love it, which makes it all worth it but my dream would to be in a place that I know I am not going to have to move this again and again and one day to have it so other kids are able to use it as well!
my passions are really starting to go back to the basic's of when I was a teenager of helping kids with special needs, and yes I have my own to help but there are so many kids not getting the services they really need.....