Saturday, December 13, 2008

thoughts on my mind!

As I layed awake last night after having a late night conversation I wondered where this world is going, first we get to find out if there is anything wrong with our unborn child through ultrasounds, and then if we are not happy with the answer we can just say I am done with this one, now don't get me wrong there are many good reasons to find things out but at that same point are we allowing people to choose the things God thinks we need in this world. I do not agree with the numbers of 91-95% that abort a pregnancy after hearing that there baby might have Down syndrome it is really sad too me.
Or how many people ask my why I have had more kids after having one child with Autism, did you know most people don't find out about Autism till they are 2.5 or 3 yrs old well anyone that can do the math I had a 6 week old baby when I found out with out first, would that stop me from having another child if I felt that was the right thing, with my husband and the Lord NO! I would still have another child. There are many things out there that yes are hard to deal with but we are given the strength through prayer to deal with the problems that are faced in front of us. I know we must all make our own choices but I think we all need to step back and look at the advancements in the world and look at the facts that many people would take a chance on anything.
I have a friend that I miss dearly that is going through a rough time in Edmonton, she was so afraid to have another child after her 2 girls they were getting older, and she really was not to found of the newborn stage not that I would be either at this point, lack of sleep is hard on us all, after many ultrasounds they have learn that there little girl is a T18 baby which is super sad, because if this little baby does make it too birth there is not record of a long life. But listening to them on there blog, the faith the are showing is amazing, I hope I could be that good if the challenge was placed in front of me, they have been asked if they wanted to end the pregnancy and they have said no! That is a tone of faith right there.
But on the flip side when things don't go right we need to show a little more compassion, A girl I Visit taught in our last ward was 8 months pregnant and lost the baby as he had his cord wrapped around his neck, again this is a trial I thankful I have not be through as you would have to be strong and know Heavenly Fathers plan, and as I listened to someone say well she should be back at church and not hiding, I was angered because we don't know truly how this sister is doing, maybe she needs lot of love and people coming to see her, this would be a super tough thing to go through and I hope that family finds the peace they need in this time. I think we all need to be grateful for our trails but be willing to serve our heavenly father and help people who need that extra support and not question everything they do. We all have the spirit of understanding we just need to learn how to use it a little better.

I know things like that can be a tough subject but I think we truly need to be grateful for the things we have been given and thank the Lord everyday for the strength he has allowed us.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

AMEN! I couldn't have said it any better.

Good for you for being SO understanding with so many who are going through SO much! Isn't that the WHOLE reason we are here together going through trials.....it's so we can learn from one another, help and strengthen one another and know the REAL meaning of loving one another. Just as the song says.

Thanks Christine!

LindsayB said...

i feel the same way! and is this your way of saying you're preggo? congrats! i'm happy for you guys, don't ever apologize for your situation.

TheMousirFamily said...

oops not sure if I worded things wrong but I am as of right now, not Preggo.....I am not looking for it right now either :) .....if it were to happen it would be heavenly fathers plan!
just a little frustrated with the world these days and the different comments I tend to get about how my life is at times!