Monday, January 19, 2009

A look at 2008

Lindsay I hope you do not mind that I borrowed yours......I thought it was great so here is a look at 2008!


1. What did you do in 2008 that you've never done before?
Walked for Autism, is was so awsome to see all the people there and now we know more about it we will do it again next year and get more pledges for for it!

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I am not sure because I am not sure I wrote them down anywhere.....Well I make some for this year, probably......do I need to think of some good ones probably be a little less angry this year, a little less stressed a little less quick to be angry, to read my scriptures a bit better to be a better person. I think really this year will be working on me and learning to be happy even during the hard times! cause I know there are still more to come.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
nope

4. Did anyone close to you die?
not that I can remember if they did I am sorry!

5. What places have you visited?
Banff, Edmonton and Calgary well if you say those two you have to kinda say Red Deer too! I actually don't think we even went to Cardston this year :S

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More time to myself, and taking care of myself more!

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched in your memory and why? Oct for Joshua......when the Glenrose told us that he did not fit the spectrum, and we left, numb as we are still confused as everyone that deals with him feels he does so we are still fighting to figure him out. For Dallin it was probably close to Oct but the big thing that stands out to me would be he can write his own name! For Sara it would be that she has lived......she has been the hardest child for me.....she has more drama then the boys ever did but I think for her this year it would be just growing up and becoming a big girl, I can't think of anything super major for her this year
For Us...... We
went away for a weekend with NO kids it was amazing!

8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
not killing anyone.....does that count?

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
is stress a illness? for Top injuries would be David getting hurt at work, he is still not back to full work and we are not totally sure of what is going on but we know there is a God that kept him this safe and the road may be long but he will get better, and be closer to the David he was before.

10. What was the best thing you bought?
the kids a trampoline for outside... and for us....I would have to say....a new bed and the Wii!

11. Where did most of your money go?
to rent, student loan payments and a our van payments! WOW what fun!

12. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I have 2 that stand out the most...
Paul Brandt's.....didn't even see the dust Sugarland's....fall into me (the horrible you-tube video put the song is good)

13. What do you wish you would have done more of? slept.....relaxed.....enjoyed life........

14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
crying.....fighting.....advacating....being angry and just embracing the situation

15. What was your favorite TV program?
I think the only thing i am allowed to watch is cartoons.....but every once in awhile I sneak in Er and greys Anatomy and scrubs, but not often enough as normally I forget they are even on...

16. What was the best book you read this year?
What is that? I don't think i have read a full book in years! I get started and then sided tracked but the newest one I am looking at is 1001 to relax!

17. What was your favorite film of the year?
probably maid of honor as I can't think of any other movies that stand out, I don't watch a ton of them though.

18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 31 this year.....David and I went out to dinner and the kids and David got me some gifts and David's parents got me a gift card to retimans and I am not sure what else I got for the most part if was very simple plain day.

19. What political issue stirred you the most?
All of them.......

20. Who was the best new person you met?
I have met alot of cool people as we have moved around alot so call out one person would be hard, but i would like to thank everyone that helped us make it through the year the best way possible, and without friends that would not have happened

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I finally just got caught up on your blog. I've been busy with my dad. They just discovered he has 7 aneurysms. Scary.

And then I come here and put myself in your shoes for awhile and I am glad to put mine back on again. My HAT is OFF to you! Amazing woman you are.

TheMousirFamily said...

Lynn- I hope you dad is doing a better, that can be a scary time all on its own....

the last couple years have been crazy for us, and sometimes I don't realize till you look back and see what you have done because you just keep going because you have too.....I love my life but somedays I would love to go away too..... Thank you for all your comments it means alot to hear someone cheering me on through my crazy life!