Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Mom to 7 kids! from July 15-18th

So I have been a mom to 7 kids for the last 4 days, it has had it's fun momnets and it very very trying momnets, momnets of tears and moments of laughter. I have been helping our dear friends Barb and Glenn well they have been in Edmonton working on a toy's r us job......When I said yes it was suppose to be 2 days which I thought of that is okay I can do this and it gives me a little bit of a change in life, it has been a change. my kids for the most part have been doing good they have times where they are done but alot of that is the differences, it has sadly made me open my eyes to how crule the world can be without trying. For the most part 5 yr olds don't try to hurt other kids feelings right? at least thats what I am going to tell myself. I am trying not to over think this too much because sadly this could ruin a deep friendship if I let it go to far and I have vowed that I am going to try to let it go and let me kids be a learning experience for our friends 5 yrs, he has many time outs for being mean, the first night we were here he asked we where they were born because they did not speak our language, or dinner he said the could not use a glass cup cause they were not special enough to use his stuff. and there has been many other things in the short time we have been here and this has been the hardest thing for me because I really hate kids being mean to my kids because they are not the same. They are the sweetest kids and very very easy going, but they do not deserve to feel like they are dumb and can't do anything. I appolgized many times for being mean to her son for rasing my voice and putting him in time outs but I trully think this is the only way he is going to learn that my boys are the best thing in the world and the love everyone till they hurt them. And right now I know my kids are being hurt and it hurts me so much, I have gone back and forth on what to do for school and this is making me think again, I was almost sure I was going to do public now I am back to second guessing myself, time to rethink things again! A new city, A new change I am not sure where we are going with life.
Any comments please feel free cause at this point I think I need that help.

No comments: