Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A special Thank-you to a special person.

I have had this on my mind for a few days of how to write a thank you to someone who doesn't even know the effect that they had on my life.
As some know and some don't that for about 5 yrs of my life I spent it not as a active member of the church, why will I am not sure that matters now, but the fact is that I need to be thankful for this person, without there effort with me as a youth and the most important time was me as a young adult, I spent many years not wanting to be apart at all and was in a situation where the people I was staying with were against the church very strongly to the point were I had to bring out my book of Mormon when they were sleeping, but that was okay because this person just dropped of letters in my mailbox each month as they were doing for there visiting teaching with the message, and I want to tell it wasn't the message on the front that hit me it was the message on the back, tell me they loved me for who I was and to remember this, now at that point I had just alot lost a child to a miscarriage and so the spirit was very close to my heart and all I could think was I wanted my children raised the way I was because as much as the people in the church can hurt us, to me the church is so true and I know that without a doubt especially now my life. but if it wasn't for that person that listened to the spirit I may not be where I am today and my life may have been very very different. I know that Visiting teaching is a true thing from God we all need a friend through these tough times in our lives.

2 comments:

LindsayB said...

visiting teachers really are awesome! hope you've got some good ones up there!

Lynn said...

{Hugs} Thank you for sharing.